Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Oh the humidity

Its so hot & sticky here its so gross.  Theres so much going on as well that, thanks to W F & G (women food & god) I have plenty of opportunity to test my emotional eating strength.  I figured out that being uncomfortable from the humidity makes me really tired which makes me want to eat.  We also signed a lease for a new place across town and we're moving this weekend.  We get the keys tomorrow but we'll probably spend all weekend taking things over bit by bit.  We'll spend the weekend at my parents anyway because they're taking a trip to New Orleans for their 35th wedding anniversary and someone has to take care of the cat.  Anyway, theres that.   I can't imagine the stress that would come with buying or, god forbid, building a house because just the short list of things we need to get done for a new apartment is so tedious and a little stressful.  There's the power, cable, internet, phone hookup, now to mention the actual moving.. . and why can't anything just be easy?  I had to call the power company twice yesterday because our power was not coming on and its always some glitch in the their system and a miscommunication which leads to power on the NEXT day and waiving of the connect fee...lol.  I'll pay the friggin connect fee just do it right the first time!!!!! Don't make me have to spend the day dealing with it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Ha anyway I'm trailing and what's much more important anyway is.........................

THE INTERVIEW!

Yesterday was my dream job interview that I've been talking about for um... months I guess at this point.  Well, I'm pleased to say that I nailed it!  I walked out of that building thinking I had the job in my pocket.  I know the guy that interviewed me which made it a little easier to have a raport.  However, knowing this guy also means I really needed to stay on point, and ultra-professional.  So, he told me that he was impressed with me, my resume and my portfolio.  He asked me if I was available to start right away but then told me that it would be weeks before I'd hear back from him.  Anyway, I'm feeling so great about it.  I'll keep you all posted.

I'm also struggling with weight a little this week.  I'm still not able to run, my ankle just will not heal right.  Yesterday I went for a walk and of course tried to run a little and I just keep tweaking it.  UGH. This is frustrating.  I feel with my running that if I don't keep it up I'll lose it.  I know that doesn't make sense but its how I'm feeling. 

Anyway, I have to go over to our new place and do so more cleaning.  Peace xoxo

4 comments:

Diz said...

Honey I'm so sorry to hear about your ankle! AGGH! so frustrating. Congratulations though, on your interview. :) I'm so proud of you for nailing it! You will get it, I just know it. Keep us posted! xoxo

Absolutely, Positively Josie said...

ah, humidity. i feel you down here in the south! isn't it crazy the feelings that make us want to eat? i don't know the times i've said to myself, "i'm tired, i wanna eat."
so happy about your interview! especially since it's the perfect job. that makes it all the sweeter!

Beth Allums said...

changes and moving make it hard to stay on track, add to that a bad ankle, oh man, and humidity to make you want to stay inside, I hear ya.

but the interview - fantastic! Take that as a cue that changes can be amazingly good - and that you can use these changes to make good change!

Keep it up.

By the way, I thought of you so many times during my trip.... I kept thinking, "today I learned" I so should have stolen your format for trip updates...

Genie @ Diet of 51 said...

Ohhh, the scoop on the interview! Sounds great for you! I hope you get the call early!

Summer is the hardest time for me. I don't know if it's the humidity or the lack of (some) structure or all of the light, or WHAT!!

Hope your ankle heals SOON!