Once someone is in your life that connection remains forever.
Sunday, January 31, 2010
... that an old friend's mother is dying of lung cancer.
I missed my weigh in yesterday due to the weather & road conditions. We have to drive about 25 mins and even though I'm a Canadian girl I still had to agree the roads were just too nasty. I'm pretty bummed about it even though I'm still in the midst of a plateau and wouldn't have seen much of a difference either way. I still feel like I need my meetings, so I had the feeling all day of "I called in sick to work, but I'm not really that sick".
My plan this week;
1. Get back out jogging as soon as the snow clears
2. "Shred" everyday. (JM's 30 day Shred)
3. Watch my snacking.
4. Watch my sodium.
5. Watch my points!
Because of my Gall Bladder attack the doctor gave me a list of foods to avoid for the next 2 days (a low fat diet). I'm going to see if I can follow this regimen all week, even though I have an avacado that is staring at me and whispering my name when I walk by.
Saturday, January 30, 2010
... that is harder than it looks to catch a snowflake, even when they're the size of marbles.
... that a small town in North Carolina is not equipped to handle 5 inches of snow.
Friday, January 29, 2010
I just want to say that the staff, nurses, doctors, admin staff, etc. at the Gaston Memorial Hospital are top drawer. I was treated so wonderfully and they took care of a non-citizen like one of there own and they were so great! Everyone had that southern charm and hospitality and I would go back there anytime..... if absolutely necessary ;)
... once again that my boyfriend loves me unconditionally. Six hours in the emergency room starting at 6 am will prove that.
... I also learned that I have Gall Stones, not serious enough to have my Gall Bladder removed however, and blood test results were perfect. As we walked out of the hospital I realized yet again how truely lucky I am and counted my blessings.
Thursday, January 28, 2010
... how to create a blog.
... the proper way to spell Minutiae.
So they say you learn something new everyday. Well, I believe this to be true. This will be a combination of life lessons and general ramblings (i'm sure) but I'm anxious to find out what I learn from learning alone. Come along on this journey with me and you might learn something too... maybe you'll just get a kick out of my mindless ramblings about the daily minutiae that we all face everyday. However, there are two things I know for sure.... 1. THERE'S ALWAYS A LESSON IN THERE SOMEWHERE and 2. Some days it will be harder to find.
First off here are a few random facts about me.
1. I started Weight Watchers in July/09 and I'm down 34lbs so far...
2. This is my second time losing weight with WW. Last time I lost 60lbs and put 50 back on.
3. I'm Canadian and my boyfriend is American. For the past 2 years we have spent 6 months in each country. How you ask?
4. I am Independant Architectural Technologist so I can work anywhere I have an internet connection.
5. I jog 3 miles everyday... and just started Jillian's Michaels 30 day shred (day 2)
6. I follow several weightloss blogs, they inspire me.
7. I listen to Howard Stern and Rosie ODonnell everyday on SiriusXM.
8. Rosie ODonnell is my idol, I follow her blog daily.
9. I listen to audiobooks while I jog and I'm hooked on the Twilight Saga.
10.My two favorite shows are The Biggest Loser and Lost and they will overlap starting Tuesday and I'm pissed.
11.I love Lagy Gaga but my favorite band is Rancid, and Miley Cyrus's "The Climb" inspires me lol
12. I count my blessings everyday.
Labels: about me