Friday, May 14, 2010

Avery

Does anyone else sit around sometimes naming your unborn children?  Ok well, if not, then I guess I just made a weird confession.  I am obsessed with names.  All the time I'll hear a name and I'll pause and go hmmm and say the name to myself and think thats a nice name.  Usually if my bf's with me I'll ask him if he likes that name.  Oh and let me just say this first, not only does he not like to play this game but he rarely likes any of the names I bring up... usually his response is "no it reminds me of  _______________" (insert some evil or ugly kid that he went to school with).  Anyway, the reason I bring this up this morning as I'm waiting to go to WW, the name Avery has been popping up randomly lately and I think its a sign.  I had first heard it about a week ago and I did the ol hmmm thats such a pretty name.. for a boy or a girl but I'm leaning towards girl.  Theeeeeennnn  I heard it once more that day and again the next day.  My mom was sitting with me when I heard it again and I told her that name is calling to me, she's like "oh wow I just said that name to my hair dresser today because I was talking about the host of some show and her name is Avery".  How weird is that??  Its such a beautiful name that I might have heard once in my life and now its everywhere I turn.  Don't you find that happens with a lot of things?  Anyway, I digress... so again, my point, I just was just reading someone's blog this morning and there is was again ~ Avery. 

Up until this point I always thought my first daughters name would be Layla.. now I'm torn.  What are some names that you all really love?? Lets play together... 
Ok off to WW, wish me luck... again! xoxo

3 comments:

Absolutely, Positively Josie said...

hey! thanks for your kind words. i know i just have to believe in what's true.

but yeah, i love thinking about names. i like L names, for some reason. i think i like the name Lena. and Levi. but Avery is very pretty. maybe it's meant to be? i knew a girl whose mom named her shaughnessie because she dreamed she named her that. how neat!

Unknown said...

I know the names of my unborn children already- sorry if you could not concentrate on reading this , my TICKING IS DRIVING ME CRAZY! LOL I'm not getting any younger. lol

Genie @ Diet of 51 said...

I think "Avery" is really beautiful for a girl. Just let the BF shoot that one down!! NO WAY, DUDE!