Tuesday, April 13, 2010

I'm a big 'ol sicky

I'm feeling so sick you guys.. ugh.  I don't know if its allergies or a cold but I feel like total crap.  I have a sore throat and so much pressure on my face & head its hurts to sit up.. lol.  I actually spent the day working with my dad at his landscaping business. I shoveled 3 truck loads of mulch and about halfway through I wanted to collapse, but I wasn't going to complain so I didn't tell my father I wasn't feeling good till after we were home and I was in my jammies.  He told me that mulch is really really bad for allergies and sinuses... GO FIGURE.  Now I'm just wiped, but I must have burned a ton of extra calories.. yay!

Anyway, I did try something new today ~ tofu.  Yes, as many of you know I'm always the last person to try anything or "discover" anything.  I love trying new things, especially new foods, but I have to say I was sorta nervous.  I put a spin on a recipe from Alicia Silverstones book which is basically an "egg salad sandwich" with tofu instead.. I have to say, its pretty tasteless but I added yummy things like Veganaise, mustard, dill pickles, celery, s&p...  I thought the "taste" & consistency was alot like egg whites.  I had no problem convincing myself it was an "egg salad" sandwich.  As I was preparing my sandwich I was telling my mom what I was making and she threw her hands up and said "geez now whats wrong with eggs:"... lol  I think I'm unintentionally making her feel guilty about eating meat & dairy...  I just told her that from a "vegan/animal rights activists" point of view alot of the chickens laying the eggs are mistreated, but in actuality chicken's lay eggs without a rooster so they're never going to be baby chicks unless they're fertilized.  However, from a diet standpoint (which is my standpoint) eggs are just high in cholesterol and quite frankly I'm just trying some new foods and recipes.  I'll still eat eggs in this life, since they're in everything..

So since we're on the topic of food and before this posts gets too long I wanted to show you some of the new foods I've been trying lately and loving...  so without further adue





yummy


yummy

yummy
Omg so sorry about the poor quality of this one.  I have not tried these chicken strips yet, they are going in a casserole for supper tonight.. excited!


This soy ice cream is not bad, but its not as good as ice cream (or even frozen yogurt) but its still pretty good, and very chocolately.
and since I had it out and I'm not feeling so hot ~ I dished myself up a bowl.



So, I'm going horizontal once again peeps.

Peace xo

1 comments:

Kerri O said...

Feel better soon!!