Monday, February 8, 2010

An afternoon away from the fridge

Today I made a conscious decision to actually leave my house as to not eat everything in site.  It was about 3pm and I had already had an afternoon snack, a whole grain waffle (1 pt) and a tsp of peanut butter (2 pts)... good choice you might say?  Well as I was eating it, as delish as it was, I could just tell that this was not going to be the last thing I ate before supper.  My bf had asked mer if I wanted to go to walmart..  I said no, I didn't really want to go.  Fortunately 20 mins later he was still kicking around so I said yeah what the hell I'll go along. We ended up killing 2 hours in Walmart, taking our time, checking things out, and I got myself a new sportsbra that was much needed.  When we got home it was time to start supper and I was completely ravenous at this point.  I was so proud of myself for actively distracting myself.  Little accomplishments a little bit at a time.. hahaha. 
You know, it occurs to me what a different person I am this second time around losing weight and if there's one major lesson I'm learning is that the smallest of details, rewards, accomplishments add up to so much more than the weight lost..   I think that will be what keeps it off this time.  Last time I remember thinking, yeah I'll reward myself when I'm at goal weight.  Well if I'm expecting this journey to ever come to an end I'm seriously setting myself up for dissapointment.

1 comments:

Diz said...

Good for you for distracting yourself! I have to do this on a daily basis. :) If I'm in the house...it's dangerous, always. For some reason, I'm just a mindless snacker. I'll snack and snack and snack...

Anyway...GREAT JOB!

I need a new sports bra too...So bad. I should go to Wal-Mart soon...

xoxo- D