Sunday, October 3, 2010

Is anyone out there?

Hi Peeps so I realize I've been sort of absent lately.. I suck.. . I get it.  Lots of things seem to be neglected in my life and this just happens to be one of them.  The weird thing is that its not even the blog that I can't bring myself to, lately I haven't had the slightest desire to get on my computer... its really bizarre.  I'm so super busy at work and I'm still running alot so between those two things and TV.. (hello premier week!!!!)  not much else is getting my attention.  I'm stuck in the middle of a summer long plateau, I'm still going to WW but I've been losing and gaining the same 3 lbs for months. 

So, this is my new idea... I'm considering doing a low-carb thing to shake things up.  I'm not talking no carbs.. just trying to cut back on them  Not only do I need to jumpstart this weight loss I also need to lose this belly fat..  I have the worst pudgy belly and have always had it.. even since I was a teenager I've had a donut around my belly button.  Its gotten smaller since losing weight but its still there and it bugs me.  I remember doing "no carb" about 10 years ago and lost a bunch of weight and I remember that my stomach started to flatten.  Of course I gained all the weight back and more because thats what happens which is why this time I just want to lower my carb intake. 

I didn't really think I had an issue with carbs because I don't get bloated all too often unlike my mother who bloats out anytime she eats carbs..  but I decided to just think about what I was eating for a few days and I noticed that I eat a  TON of carbs..  I think that I just need to be more conscious and switch out carbs for other stuff.  We'll see how it goes!  I would love to hear other peoples opinions on this.. does anyway do a low carb or if anyone has any substitues ideas that would be awesome!! I hope there are still some people out there that will read my post.. hahahaha  I've missed you all and it feels great to be back!

5 comments:

Beth Allums said...

still here - I read, but have had a hard time getting to writing here too.

Diz said...

Babe I think you should just look into the Fat Flush if you're looking to flatten belly and surrounding area. At least just do phase 1; it flattened out my stomach more than any other diet I've ever done. It is kinda hard and while it's not "no carb", it's definitely low, low carb...but it's only for 2 weeks and it will really shape and flatten out your midsection. I have done phase 1 twice and while I did gain a little back, it's not nearly as bad as it was before. Just look into it- it may not be something you want to try but I only suggest it because I TOTALLY get the donut around the belly thing- it's totally my problem! I hate it!

Good luck girl- I'm still around and missing your face! Hope everything is going well- xoxoxoxo-

D

divad said...

Hey you - yep still running, even in the cold! Did a 12 K yesterday!!! I am with you with liking fall running.

What if you only eat complex carbs, or is that how you already eat? I find I manage better with some carbs - sprouted grains, brown rice pasta, fruit etc.

Genie @ Diet of 51 said...

Hi Keri,

It won't hurt you to give that strategy a try, so do it!

My new job is totally sucking the life out of me. So little time during the weekdays.....

Just trying to hang in until I figure it out.

How is yours going?

Jess said...

Hope the low carb thing works out for you. I struggle to do that on a daily basis. Sometimes it's just easier for other compared to some. Addiction ugh@