Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Racing & Chasing my goals!

I ran my first race on Monday.  5 miles or 8k and I loved it.  It was tough but it rocked.  I completed it nowhere near the front of the pack but not dead last either.   My time was 48:36 and it was my best time yet doing 8k.  There was this hill that would not end for nothing, it just went on and on and on and me and M were about dead when we go to the top.  Fortunately they had a strategically placed water station right at the top. haha.  So, I think I'm doing 9k this weekend (not a race) and then there is a 10k race on the 26th that we might do as well.  We'll see.  I'm going to see how I like 9k first and we'll go from there.  As I was running up the hill I was thinking to myself - theres no f'n way I'm running any more races this year, this is it for me!  But of course when I'm all done and I come back to my senses I actually am excited to run another race.  Who knows.. lol  I may have discovered a new addiction. 
I went to WW tonight and lost 1.6lbs. Obviously I'm happy with that but I up over 3 last week so I still have to get the rest off.  It will happen, what can I say.  Its supposed to rain the rest of the week so I'm worried I can't run and I'm pissed I didn't get my lazy ass out of bed this morning to run.... oh well. 
Big Brother night......  Go Britney!! I got $10 on that girl, she better win.  Night peeps xoxoxox

3 comments:

divad said...

Go girl go!!!!

Diz said...

I went on a run today and thought of you while huffing a little 5 miler. Remember when I used to inspire YOU? Now YOU inspire ME! You're kicking my trash girl! But I'm so happy for you that you got your first race down!!! Congrats!!!! I have the dreaded Ragnar next month so the running is ON! So is Weight Watchers again. I don't know why I lost my mind for 6 months, but it feels good to be back. I hope I can follow in your footsteps and finish my weight loss once and for all! (and run some races too) xoxoxo

Bring Pretty Back said...

whooo hooo! That is awesome!
Have a pretty day!
Kristin