Sunday, August 22, 2010

Old friends, new runs to come

Today I connected with an old friend that I haven't seen in years and we went for a run.  It was really great.  It was the first time I ever ran with anyone so I didn't know if I could talk and run at the same time.  She's also a more intense runner than me.  She can do 12k where I only have done 7k.  I was also concerned that I was going to slow her down.  Well, she rocks so of course it was going to be awesome and she would run at my comfort level.  I totally kept up to her and we did my 7k run but she's going to really push me further and harder and I'm so excited fot it, this is just what I need.  The only struggle was, nots o much the talking, but the excitement in seeing her and having soooooo much to say and just wanting to catch up on everying all at once. hahaha so we were out of breath right away but I have to say, I definitely pushed myself a little further just the first time out.  We're already talking about doing a race in Sept.

Im my town there's something called the "Loop" that people run and it just the main roads that loop around my town.  I've always wanted to run it but I find it intimidating.  Today my gf said that if I can do my 7k run I can do the loop no prob... its only 8k, even though its more hilly I could do it.  WELL  I didn't even realize the loop was only 8k.. I always thought it was 8 MILES.  Now I'm excited!!  So thats my plan... she's going to really get me to be where I want to be and I couldn't be happier about it.  Still running....  still loving it!

I have a post I'm planning on doing sometime in the near future about having a positive attitude.  I'm been wanting to blog it for months now but just haven't.  It has to do with someone else blog from a long time ago that I find myself thinking about in random places, like the shower.  So, I dunno, consider that a teaser for now...  I just don't want this post to be a mile long so I'll write on that topic another time.

Peace xoxoxoxoxoxox

3 comments:

Genie @ Diet of 51 said...

Congrats on the fun run and for reconnecting with an old friend.

When you get the chance, write that posting! Might be just what we need to hear!

Diz said...

I love running with my friends- so fabulous! And one of the reasons I love it besides the good company, is that they do push you further than you would normally push yourself. I'm so happy to hear you're enjoying your town and your friends and your runs...love your face! xoxo

Savannah said...

That is fantastic that you found inspiration in reconnecting and running with your friend! It's great to have that buddy around who give you the push you need to reach your goals! Good luck with the 8K!! I know you'll be fabulous! :D