Sunday, June 20, 2010

Johnny Miles Marathon Day

Today I woke up to the sound of clapping outside of my window.  I got up to see what all the fuss was about.  Of course, its marathon day.  I just didn't know that markers were set up on my street.  I guess its been years since they did that route.  Anyways, I got up and decided I was going to make some coffee and sit on the veranda and watch them.  I came down the stairs to find my sister-in-law sitting at the window watching them.  She put on some hot chocolate and I made some coffee, we each grabbed a blanket and took our position.



It was a blast cheering on all the runners.  





There was a 5k, 10k, half-marathon and full marathon.  The half marathoners ran around this sign twice.



Full marathoners kept going and turned around up the street



Then I saw my friend Liz running the half....  GO LIZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!








I figured I'd run when it was all over since they all inspired me and I figured for sure I'd be the only one..lol.  But then it started to rain.. booooo!  Anyways, hope you enjoyed some pictures, I guess it wasn't a lazy Sunday for everyone.  Cheers
HAPPY FATHERS DAY!!  HAHA

1 comments:

Lindsay said...

How fun!!! I love it :)