Friday, June 11, 2010

Cock-a-doodle-GAIN!

Today I had my first BIG gain.  In the 49 weeks I've been a Weight Watchers I have totally knocked it out.  I am usually modest but if there's one thing I should pat myself on the back for its losing 45lbs.  I have only gained 3 times before today - 0.4, 0.4 and 0.8.  So, never over a lb so I was always able to make myself feel ok about a little gain.  Well, today... hmmm.......  2.4!  Again, I managed to not beat myself up for it.  The truth is I knew it going in so I wasn't surprised.  My mother was more surprised because she sees me coming home for jogs, she sees I make good food choices, but everyday day I got on scale this week the number would not budge.  I skipped my meeting last week because I was up and I was still up this week.  So...   oh well, what can ya do.  I mean I know what should do, stop messing around and get these last damn 5 lbs off already!!  Geez, so much easier said then done. 
I have a confession to make....  Oh god here goes.  I have been so slack, well cocky is the best word if I'm being honest.  I feel so great where I am right now, even though I really want to be a lifetime member I am just thrilled at my weight right now.  I love how clothes fit me, I love how I look (with clothes on, but thats never going to change..lol) and I find myself thinking, oh enjoy yourself you'll gain a pound not 40.  This is wrong wrong wrong you guys, this is where it all goes downhill.  I have NO right to be cocky, I will end up exactly where I started if I don't get my attitude under control.  Soon its a little extra mayo, or some cheese with that, or beer or two sitting around the pool on a Wednesday.  Its got to stop, and I don't know what to do.  I'm so far from where I've come, I've lost sight of it! 

I am going to try so hard this week to do all the right things.  No munching my face off, my blt's are out of control  (for none ww'ers thats Bites Licks & Tastes) I'm eating a half cookie here, gorging on fruit trays, a few crackers here and there, breaking off a piece of a biscuit as I walk by...  HELP ME!! PLEASE!! 
So, this week I commit to RUNNING!  I did actually burn over 1200 cal running this week, apparently it wasn't enough.
I commit to staying within my points and TRACKING EVERY LITTLE THING THAT GOES INTO MY MOUTH!
I commit to water water water.
I commit to eating protein.. I'm making some of my go-to chili and that always helps.  Vegetarian, Fibre, Protein, Filling CHECK

Hope you all have a fabulous weekend my lovelies.  Peace xoxoxoxoxo

4 comments:

Absolutely, Positively Josie said...

i love your self awareness, Keri! you've come too far to throw anything away. i know you'll get your grip. praying for you....

ps- i'm glad you liked the passage on my last blog. the verse right after it says something like, can you walk on coals and not be burned? or something similar. i just liked the one i posted!

i haven't had couscous in a long time, but i've got two boxes in the cabinet. i think i remember liking it, but i'm scared to try it again,scared i'll be disappointed!

have a great weekend! xoxo

Tami said...

At least you are aware and ready to do something different. Bring it to a stop right now and get back on track doing all the things that helped you in the beginning. You will be fine.

Diz said...

One thing I'm learning (again) is that we have to re-commit everyday, or our old habits will creep back in, as they always do. :) You can do this! Just give it a full commitment this week and you'll feel so much better next week- promise. xoxoxo

Genie @ Diet of 51 said...

You look so good and you've done so well, it's hard to be hard on yourself and you shouldn't be. I applaud you for realizing that you received a warning from the scale, and you don't want to lose any of the ground you worked so hard to gain... I mean "lose".

I'm recommitting this weekend, too. (Notice that one of us has not been reporting her weight.) C'mon, we can do this! They're just little bites and tastes. We can kick their butts!