Thursday, April 22, 2010

Quinoa Salad

So for my first attempt at making Quinoa I threw together this little recipe.  Super easy, and was a hit with all 6 in my house,  check and check.

1 cup of Quinoa
1 cup of water
1 cup of vegetable broth
1 cup of chick peas
1 cup of mixed veggies
2 tbsp olive oil
few splashes of soy sauce
tsp basil
1 clove of garlic, minced
s&p



Bring the water & veg broth to a boil then add quinoa.  Simmer for 20 mins.  In a separate pot boil veggies & chick peas.  In a big bowl add all ingredients & toss.  This is not exactly it, but it looked like this (with more veggies)



This was my first time making and it and I am honestly excited to make it again because there's so much you could do to play around with it.   If anyone has made it and loved it please share your ideas with me;)  Enjoy!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

This is one of my favorite ways to make quinoa- so good!

Sweet & sour Quinoa

1 cup uncooked quinoa
2 cups mixed frozen vegetables (I used 1 cup fresh carrots, 1 cup frozen peas-just what I had, I think next time I want to use a green bell pepper!)
1 small red onion-diced.
1/4 cup chopped pineapple
1/4 cup sweet & sour sauce

Saute red onion in pot (same one you will cook the quinoa in) with a few sprays of PAM. Cook until soft. Add 2 cups of water, bring to a boil. Add carrots and quinoa-cook 15 min or until water evaporates. Toss in peas last few minutes of cooking time to defrost. Remove from heat, add pineapple, and sweet and sour sauce. Stir to blend well. ENJOY!