Monday, March 15, 2010

Silk & Shoes

After reading some of the comments left for me regarding my baby steps blog I just wanted to clarify a few things.  First off thanks for reading and commenting, you guys rock.
I'm not really sure that my ultimate goal is to become a vegan.  Although I am researching it and getting some really amazing recipes and food ideas I do intend to try A LOT of alternatives.  I'm going to cut back on dairy for now and cut down on meat, try some meat alternatives and see how I feel.  Maybe my body will reject meat & dairy after that, who knows.  I'm starting with a baby steps plan (or as Alicia calls it "flirting") so that I'm not gorging my system with animal products that I'm kinda starting to feel different about anyway.  Again, to clarify, this is not because I can't stand the idea of eating animals or animal products.  I hate to sound like an inhuman person or a hiprocate but my two main problems I want to fix are my digestive system and my skin.  Obviously I want to continue losing weight but I am losing weight, I have figured out how to lose weight the right way, of course its still a struggle every day.  But I just feel defeated when I'm doing all the right things (for the most part) eating veggies, fruits, lean meats, whole grains, I run 3 miles 4-5 times a week and STILL can't go to the bathroom regularly and have constant breakouts.  This is not fair to me and this is why I've decided to find alternative foods. 

I just hope that I can still stay within my points while trying some of these new foods & recipes.  Oils (upon oils), pastas, peanut butter, to name few all still allowed...  and some of these recipes sounds soooo deadly.  Lord help me.

So first things first, last night my bf took me out to find a milk alternative and to get me these shoes I wouldn't shut up about.  I was really in need of brown heels.  Last year I was on a ballet flats kick and now have about 6 pairs, this year is the year of heels!! 


I decided on Silk light plain & got the chocolate as well.  Both were DE-lish.  Had the plain in my oatmeal this morning and tasted like every other morning oatmeal, mission accomplished!







...and aren't my new shoes Gor-JESS?!  Not too fancy but thats me.. lol


5 comments:

Kerri O said...

Good for you. We all have to experiment and find what works best for us. That isn't the same for everyone.

Absolutely, Positively Josie said...

glad you like silk. love those shoes- i want a pair like that.

Beth Allums said...

Try Almond Milk too - fewer points, very yummy! http://www.thedailyplate.com/nutrition-calories/food/silk/pure-almond-milk

Unknown said...

mmm I dumped meat a long time ago and I don't miss him at all. He was rude anyways ;) But seriously I eat all boca and morning star products and I LOVE THEM! The morning star morning sausage and chicken nuggets are to die for and of course boca burgers are yummy :)

my blog: http://mollymariegetshealthy.com

Diz said...

You have to figure out what works best for you girl, as you know. Have you tried putting a spoonful of psyllium husk in your morning tea or flavored water? You should try it- extra boost of fiber might help "regulate" things. I put a spoonful in a glass of water in the morning and one at night- keeps me on track. I bet you can find some at Trader Joe's; I got mine at the local health food store (Mother's), or you could find it at Whole foods too I'm sure. Good luck!