Monday, March 8, 2010

Oh what a hike

Today me and J went on a wonderful hike.  I've been feeling lately like I really needed to have my spirits lifted.  For no reason other than just winter.. I'm so over it.  It was a warm spring day here today and we took full advantage.  We drove out to South Mountain and hiked up to the falls.  It was A-Ma-Zing.  I've been there before a year ago and I can't tell you how much more of a joyous experience it was for me.  Its funny how you look at things differently when not every thought is consumed with "how fat do I look right now", or just being out of breath and sweaty because it is a strenuous hike.  I still got out of breath and sweaty at some points but it felt gooooood.  I knew I was getting my workout in, burning calories and doing wonderful things for my heart & soul.  Here of some pics.






Here we sat on some rocks beside a babbling brook, I was loving life at that very moment.  It was so calming and peaceful and I was enjoying soaking it all in and thinking about how this time around was such a difference and much more positive experience for me.  I feel like my spirit has been rejuvenated, there's nothing better than being in nature on a warm sunny day. 

2 comments:

Absolutely, Positively Josie said...

such beautiful pics! and what a great workout. i know what you mean about needing the winter spirits lifted. i am so ready for spring!

Diz said...

Looks amazing! I can't wait for spring/summer either (ha). I know, I live in warm weather, but last night I was with some friends and we planned a bbq for next month and I got so excited cause it's been too long and I love bbq's. Spring ahead! Yes!!!