Thursday, March 25, 2010

100th Post, 12 followers, 40lbs down, and still learning!!!

Hey folks, I wanted to make this post spectacular because its #100..  but guess what?  I have nothing truely amazing to say today.. hahahahahaha.  However, I am going to post my recipe for hummus since I was asked.  So,  I actually googled a recipe for hummus without tahini (ground sesame seeds) because.. well... I didn't have any.  I also only made a small recipe because it was just for me.  I would suggest doubling it for a few peeps.  (I almost typed poops hehe)

1/2 - 16oz can of Garbanzo beans (chick peas)
1/8 cup olive oil (or 2 tbsp)
garlic clove
1 tbsp lemon juice.

Blend in food process or whatever you have (you can even mash it).  I added a few splashes for water to get it to mix better and then afterwords I have to take a masher to it to get a couple of missed chick peas.  Delish and it went really good with Tostitos & Survivor last night.

I'm heading out today to get Alicia's book The Kind Diet.  I'm so excited.  I'm sure I'll learn alot..... and then blog about it.  Also, since this is my 100th post I just want to say thank you to all my followers and readers.  I love you all, your comments & blogs inspire me and lift my spirits daily, and I'm learning a ton!!
Looking forward to the next 100!!

4 comments:

Absolutely, Positively Josie said...

you know you are awesome!!! love the idea of homemade hummus- so clean and fresh!
40 pounds? i had no idea! congrats on that. it's a big deal! ;)

Genie @ Diet of 51 said...

Congrats on your 100th episode, and on being down 40! You've learned so much!

Diz said...

Seriously- 40 pounds down is AMAZING! And so is 100th post- feels good, doesn't it. ;) If I had a drink, I'd raise it to you girl!!! Muah!

Beth Allums said...

Awesome!! Congrats! I'm raising my tiny glass of wine to you now!