Sunday, February 28, 2010

Picture This

As someone who has done this journey before one of my biggest regrets is not taking progress pictures and not having enough pictures of me when I was at my smallest before.  I think there is one picture and my mom has it hangin on her wall.  When I gained all the weight back I used to stare at it and remember how good I felt and wonder "what happened??"  It wasn't a great picture and it bothered me that I never took more pics of myself when I felt so great and so skinny.  Any other time I would have hated having my picture taken.  When I restarted weight watchers I didn't realize that I was going to be as successful and again I had a regret... I didn't take any before pics.  I have plenty of pics of me overweight but none that I could really compare a good after shot too.  So, anyway this time I'm making my boyfriend take pics of me... lol.  Its feels so silly because I'm so not a vain person, I'm not that girl that just loves to pose for a pic, in fact, I'm usually the one holding the camera which is exactly why I'm not in my own pics.  But I'm really trying hard this time to get over it and document my progress and my journey.  I don't ever expect to put the weight back on but I just want to have a lot of pics of me at a time when I feel really good about myself, sexy & healthy, and even though I have another 15 or so to lose I still want to be able to compare myself to now once I get there.  So, I have decided to post pics of myself on here.  This makes me squimish, I hate the way my face looks in pics hahaha I'm not trying to be self-deprecating I just never think I look like me.  But since this is MY blog, MY journal, MY progress MY journey and basically all about ME I have decided to post a pic of MEEEEE.  Also, having posted progress photos a few blogs back I never thought it would have such an impact on me.  I know now, more than ever, that documenting my progress from here on is sooo important.  I hate that I never took measurements too, I would love to know how many inches I've lost but I'll never know and I'm not going back just to find out!!   Peace

<--- Ok this picture makes me want to cry (remember I said I didn't have any great before pics), but the really scary things is I did not birth that child but it looks like I should have, him and his 3 brothers.

Well I have to be honest, I'm having an anxiety attack right now.. lol.  I need to go run and decide for sure whether I can handle having these pics out there.  Help me!!

3 comments:

Diz said...

Keri you look great! I love the pictures! You can totally see that you've lost quite a bit of weight. But even if you never lost another pound, you look fantastic. Way to go!!

Keri said...

Thanks Diz, you're the best! I still have anxiety when I look at them though.. lol

Absolutely, Positively Josie said...

wow, you've realy lost a lot of weight. and you look fabulous! THIN! congrats!